Hi, a quick update because we’re getting lots of questions about what
happened last week. Things haven’t been going all that great in the
last few days. We had two appointments last week. The amniotic fluid
the baby is in is extremely low. This fluid develops the baby’s lungs
and limbs, and it’s what protects the baby as it floats in my
belly.The doctors actually told us that terminating the pregnancy is
something we should consider as they aren’t sure if the baby will make
it, and if it does, there is a strong likelihood that he or she will
have health problems. At the same time, they said that the baby could
make it and be fine, they just don’t know. We decided to keep going
and hope for the best, but the odds aren’t in our favor. We’ve had
people tell us lots of stories about babies in more dire situations
that made it, so we hope that our little guy or gal is one of those
success stories, but we are prepared for a different outcome. At this
point, the next goal is to carry the baby for a couple more weeks ro
get to the 24-week mark, which is the absolute earliest they will
consider the baby viable for delivery. Sounds easy, but I am leaking
amniotic fluid – currently the amniotic fluid measures 4.5, while 8 is
the low end of normal. I could go into labor at any time. If we make
it to the end of 24 weeks and things look good, the baby and I will be
evaluated weekly – the longer the baby can survive inside, the better.
So I’m still on bed rest and we’re just keep positive thoughts and
focusing on the good.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. We appreciate you keeping
us in your thoughts.

Heather & Mike