The last two weeks were really busy for me, which is why I didn’t update. Also, my office implemented a new software blocker and monitoring system, so I wanted to be a little careful about what I did on the computer. You never know who’s watching! Dude, what if they just took a screencap of this right now? That would suck.

The last week of the season for My Favorite Sports Team was extremely hectic. I worked late every other day, which meant worked about 65 hours that week. The last home game brought mixed emotions. On the one hand, I was happy to not have crazy hours for the next 5 months or so. On the other hand, the season is over! At least I still have football.

This past Saturday, Matt and Leslie got married! It was a beautiful ceremony and the wedding was a blast. Leslie and her bridesmaids (me included) got ready for the wedding while we watched college football on a television that had been set up in our courtesy suite. Everyone that came into our room commented on the group of girls watching football. We were like, what’s your point? Then the USC game came on at 12:30 and major screaming commenced. It was extremely hard for me to not swear during such a crappy display of football, but I think I did a good job – I had to make sure Leslie’s family didn’t think I was a dirty sailor. The wedding was supposed to start at 4:30 but the game ran over 4 hours, so the start was a little delayed. We couldn’t leave before we knew the outcome! And besides that, Leslie knew that all her friends would be in the hotel bar watching the end of the game, not waiting for her to walk down the aisle! The wedding coordinator told us that we were screaming louder than the groom and his friends. Damn straight. We take our football seriously.

The weekend before Leslie and Matt’s wedding, Mike and I took Rigby to a dog groomer by my parents’ house. Rigby is a little tomboy who is always getting into things, so her fur was just a mess of dirt and knots. I told the groomer that I wanted her fur to be cut down really short, since she also HATES to stand still long enough to allow me to brush her fur. The groomer confirmed that the knots would necessitate a close cut. Mike was worried that her comments meant that Rigby would come out with a buzz…and he was right. I went to pick her up later, and when I walked into the shop I noticed a cute little terrier on the table behind the counter…and then I noticed that it was wearing my dog’s collar…and that it was MY DOG. Rigby looked so completely different, and when she spotted me she gave me a look as if to say, “They’ve cut my beautiful hair!” I present a before and after:


She looks like a completely different dog! I swear, she was depressed about her haircut for a few days, but now she’s back to being her usual playful self. And she’s much happier not needed to get brushed every day, which makes me happy, too.