Last weekend my party-planning partner in crime, Jen, threw a Hello Kitty birthday party for her daughter’s fourth birthday. The whole thing turned out so cute, I wanted to share her ideas and results in case there are any Hello Kitty fans out there about to celebrate a birthday.
First up, her inspiration:
1. I would not be able to resist making these Hello Kitty favor bags.
2. This crepe banner is so easy and looks great.
3. Cute cake alert!
4. This mom put together an amazing party table and backdrop (she has lots of other adorable ideas, too!).
5. This is a great tutorial for Hello Kitty Cake Pops that are almost too cute to eat.
8. Marshmallow pops – decoration AND food!
Some other ideas: For games, the can kids play “Pin the bow on Hello Kitty!” You can also set up a bow decorating station with clips, ribbon, glue, and felt. There are also lots of Hello Kitty coloring pages available for free download here.
Jen says, “Even though we planned on this party theme for a while, it actually only took me a week to throw the whole thing together. I spent about three hours on the DIY stuff (the backdrop, banner, crepe banner, etc). I also put together the Hello Kitty lantern on a whim using a white paper lantern, construction paper, and glue! I used a lot of my daughter’s Hello Kitty toys and stuffed animals for the rest of the decorations. The guests had a blast and Kate had a great party!”
If you have any Hello Kitty ideas, leave ’em below!