I’ve always thought a backyard luau would be a fun and easy party to throw. It would be so bright and colorful, and who doesn’t want to imagine they’re on a Hawaiian island? Maybe one of these days I’ll convince Mike to let me throw one! Until then, a girl can dream.
1. This fruit salsa is easy and delicious, I’ve made it a few times and it’s so refreshing on a hot day.
2. These Hawaiian chicken sliders had me at grilled pineapple.
3. The decor ideas at this party are AMAZING, although I am cringing a little at the idea of cleaning up all of that sand!
4. There are recipes for three tropical kabobs here, and they all look easy and delicious.
5. I’ve posted a couple drink recipes that would be great for a luau (the Hula Girl, the Coconut Lime Sublime), but this Hula Coola is another excellent choice. It’s non-alcoholic but that can always be modified if you’d like!
6. OMG I want to make this balloon palm tree just for fun.
8. This Badmitton Set can be adapted for all sorts of different games.
9. Using a kiddie pool as a cooler is such a cute and cheap idea.
10. You’ve gotta have Tiki cups!
What other ideas do you have? Please share them, and leave party theme requests in the comments!