Annie is SO JAZZED for school to start. I was the same way when I was a kid. I remember spending hours on my parents’ corded phone (in the kitchen) with my friends, excitedly discussing our teachers, classmates, etc. I thought it would be fun to throw a little Back To School celebration for Annie and her friends, AND I actually convinced Mike it was a good idea. The end of summer is sad but the beginning of the school year is full of exciting possibility – I want to celebrate that, and I’m hoping this BTS party will become an annual tradition. Sorry, Mike! We’ll be partying at the end of August but Jen and I thought it would be fun to show some of my inspiration in case any of you want to throw a back to school party, too!
1. I love kid jokes and dad puns, so of course I think these Lunchbox Jokes are hilarious. They can make cute table decor or party favors.
2. This popsicle stick school bus craft is a fun activity and doubles as a party favor.
3. I love the sweet encouragement that comes with these Smartie Pants favors. School supplies also make a great (and welcome) party favor!
4. Oh my gosh, these apple/worm cookies are the most adorable thing I’ve seen in weeks.
5. Cafeteria food was one of my favorite things about going to school when I was a kid. I wasn’t excited by the food (although I definitely appreciated pizza day), but I loved the independence of getting whatever I wanted (within reason, of course). Sloppy Joe Pizza is a combo of two classic lunchroom staples.
6. I never would have thought to print out cupcake wrappers! These free printables are so perfect. It’s a whole new world for me! #TeamCupcake
7. These gumball pencils are almost painfully cute.
8. I really want to make this ruler wreath! I’m hoping to find most of the materials at the Dollar Store.
9. Dyyyyying over this math flash cards banner! So simple and clever.
10. A slew of free Back To School party printables. Yay!
11. I can’t even paint my own fingernails without getting polish everywhere, so nail art is a bit lofty for me, but we had to include these notebook paper-inspired nails.
12. Speaking of notebook paper, I love the idea of decorating with it.
13. A ruler table runner is so adorable. I might convince myself to make one with the idea that I can hang it up in my sewing room/office after the party. Orrrr I could make it out of paper! That’s slightly more realistic.
I have a few other things up my sleeve, so I’ll do a follow-up after I have the party. Has anyone else thrown a Back To School party? I’d love to hear your ideas!