Happy Memorial Day, Americans. We are enjoying our long weekend. We had a birthday party, watched some softball, and we’ve been prepping for James’ birthday party. It’s going to be pretty amazing! Yesterday, I was explaining what Memorial Day is to Annabel, and I told her that none of my friends in the armed forces have died in combat. I think back to my dad, who still speaks about his friends who were killed in Vietnam, and I know how lucky I am. We are so grateful to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Los Angeles National Cemetery
Los Angeles National Cemetery

Around The ‘Net

~Emotional moment teen meets the US soldier who saved her as a baby from Saddam Hussein 18 years ago

~Can Racism Be Stopped in the Third Grade?

~Monster

~Spotify’s Secret Social Network

~First and Last Words

~Monkey Day Care: Growing up as a child research subject

~Los Angeles Plays Itself

~Cruise Control: Your one-stop shop for health and safety data on cruise ships

~The boy who burned inside

~Stress Test: How We Process Trauma

~Good Night: David Letterman’s last weeks.

Reading On The Go

~Okay people…talk to me about Kindles. Up until this point, I’ve been using the Kindle app on my iPhone and iPad. My iPad is really old and barely holds a charge anymore, so I’m sort of considering just replacing it with a Kindle since about 80% of what I do on my iPad is read (the other 20% is Candy Crush, let’s be real). Reading on a screen bigger than my iPhone does sound appealing…but is that reason enough to get one? And which Kindle, a quick search showed me there are a bunch of different kinds. I need advice!

Memorial Day Sales

I got some emails asking me to link to the Memorial Day Sales, so here you go! Get your discount on!

~Amazon // 20% Off Fashion with code: FUN20SUN
~Anthropologie // 20% off sale items with code: GONEFISHING
~Asos // 20% off with code: LONGWKND
~Banana Republic // 40% off with code: BRSUMMER
~Bloomgindales // big brown bag sale – 20% off sale with code: SPRING20
~Boden // 30% off your order + free shipping over $49 with code: 3M3M
~Gap // 40% off regular price styles with code: SUMMER
~J.Crew // 25% off your order with code: SUMMERLOVE
~Macy’s // extra 20% off in memorial day sale + extra 25% off with code: HOORAY
~Nordstrom// half-yearly sale, up to 40% off
~Old Navy // Up to 50% off everything

Happy Sunday, Everyone!