Well, just when I was ready to re-launch the site, I had major server issues. My hosting company is normally at my beck and call when these things happen, but of course this time they decided to take a little vacation. So, a few days later, here it finally is. The other thing that sucked about the server issues was that it meant I couldn’t send or receive email. Email is the only way I can goof off at work! So I’ve been struggling this week.

So, I obviously haven’t updated for a while. I got to the point where I was completely overwhelmed by work and personal commitments, and something had to give. Plus, here at work now my desk space is situated in such a way that everyone can see what I’m doing. If I was updating my website, everyone would know. That is part of the reason why I switched over to this new format – I can update via email, so it looks like I’m doing work. It’s soooo easy to update, I love it already. I have to figure out what I’m going to do with the archives…I will probably leave them the way they are for a while just because it’s a huge undertaking. My next big project will be moving all of my pictures to an independent server. Mike’s brother-in-law set me up with an awesome photo hosting account, so I am going to start using it.

In other news, work is going well. I’m still a bit in limbo since the season ends in a few weeks, but I’ve had some positive things happen lately. One was the upgrade in my work space – I am now in the main office, which is really cool, and I have an awesome flat-screen computer and a fancy telephone and headset. I’m still leading my division in sales, and I am leading the whole sales department in 2006 season sales. I’m just waiting now to see what’s going to happen. I think I’m at the point now where I’m okay either way – I’ve done really well here, so I think I could get a good job elsewhere, should it come to that. I’ve just decided that I can’t get stressed out about it anymore. Mike knows that I’ve lost many hours of sleep over all of it, even though it’s really beyond my control. I just have to keep on keeping on, homies. So that’s what I’m gonna do.

I had a great, insane summer. Lots of weddings and wedding-related activities, which I will get into in subsequent posts. I’m really excited for this weekend: It’s the first USC home football game of the year. It’s also the first USC game I’ve been to in a year, and the first home game I’ve been to in two years. I’m so pumped to see everyone and get my tailgate on. It’s going to be different this year without alcohol being served inside the Coliseum…I really don’t know how that’s going to change people’s pre-game drinking habits. I know that I usually bought one beer at half-time just to stave off any fourth quarter hang-overs, so I’m not really looking forward to that point in the game. I think a lot of people will get ridiculously drunk before the game starts, which is sort of counter-productive to what the USC President is trying to accomplish, but whatever! I’m more interested in seeing how people sneak booze into the Coliseum. I’ll be taking notes.